2021 ONE & ONLY CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
DEADLINE: August 15, 2020
The One and Only Series is a celebration of the solo performance. Each year MOXIE Productions and the Grange Hall Cultural Center (GHCC) hosts solo performance shows of all kinds for its season, January-April, in Waterbury Center, Vermont. Please note: we may be amending the scheduling of our 2021 season to accommodate the Covid-19 pandemic, to extend beyond the traditional season.
Submissions are welcome from all forms of one-person performing arts. Presentations have included storytelling, improv, dance, musical, puppetry, multimedia, variety, spoken word, cabaret, stand-up, magic, tragedy, comedy, and other forms of solo performance.
Submissions are currently being welcomed for the 2021 One & Only Series season for 45-90 minute performances. Deadline: August 15, 2020. Please see submission form for guideline details.
Proposals should consist of:
- A synopsis (a clear and concise written description of your show) including duration;
- A copy of current script**;
- Any production history including grants or other awards;
- Bios of all collaborators;
- Technical requirements and on-site technical needs;
- Any video samples.
- A press packet of materials and any press received
Preference will be granted to shows:
- Between 45-90 minutes running time; (unless a group is applying together with 60-90 minutes total of separate solo shows of 15 minutes or more)
- With uncomplicated production/technical needs;
- Self-contained with design and construction executed prior to arrival;
- With artists willing to participate in community outreach/education/publicity events associated with their work;
- That are comedy, drama, or movement shows of local, cultural, or family interest;
- With multiple scheduling options
Artists will receive:
- Two or more consecutive performances of their work in the 2021 One & Only Series:
- Full publicity package through our media systems and networks;
- Full technical rehearsal prior to the show, as necessary;
- Front-of-House and Box Office personnel and operation for all performances;
- 50/50 split of box office receipts with performer or group of performers;
- Production/technical support and operation for their One & Only performances;
**Please note that shows can still be in development, but presentation must be complete in dramatic form according to MOXIE Productions/GHCC evaluation.
**All scripts are the sole property of the authoring artist and will not be shared with anyone unassociated with the One & Only production without written consent of the artist.
**”Scripts” for movement pieces should be laid out in its appropriate form. Videos are most appreciated.
- Submissions must be digital and will be accepted by email only, unless otherwise previously arranged.
- All submissions must be complete at the time of application.
- MOXIE Productions and Grange Hall Cultural Center have the right to refuse any submission for any reason at any time.
Apply with above requirements by August 15, 2020 to email@example.com with “2021 One & Only Submission” in subject line.