2020 ONE & ONLY CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
DEADLINE: September 15, 2019
MOXIE Productions and the Grange Hall Cultural Center (GHCC) invites submissions for solo performance shows of all kinds for its 2020 season, January-April, in Waterbury Center, Vermont. Submitted proposals may represent storytelling, improv, dance, musical, puppetry, multimedia, variety, spoken word, cabaret, stand-up, magic, tragedy, comedy, and other forms of solo performance.
Proposals should consist of:
- a synopsis (a clear and concise written description of your show) including duration;
- a copy of current script;**
- any production history including grants or other awards;
- bios of all collaborators;
- technical requirements and on-site technical needs;
- any video samples.
- a press packet of materials and any press received
Preference will be granted to shows:
- between 60-90 minutes running time;
- with uncomplicated production/technical needs;
- self-contained with design and construction executed prior to arrival;
- with artists willing to participate in community outreach/education/publicity events associated with their work;
- of local and/or international material;
- with multiple scheduling options
Artists will receive:
- Two or more consecutive performances of their work in the 2020 One & Only Series:
- Full publicity package through our media systems and networks;
- Full technical rehearsal prior to the show, as necessary;
- Front-of-House and Box Office personnel and operation for all performances;
- 50/50 split of box office receipts for full length performances; 25% if sharing with another show.
- Production/technical support and operation for their One & Only performances, if needed.
**Please note that shows can still be in development, but presentation must be complete in dramatic form according to MOXIE Productions/GHCC evaluation.
**All scripts are the sole property of the authoring artist and will not be shared with anyone unassociated with the One & Only production without written consent of the artist.
- Submissions must be digital and will be accepted by email only, unless otherwise previously arranged.
- All submissions must be complete at the time of application.
- MOXIE Productions and Grange Hall Cultural Center have the right to refuse any submission for any reason at any time.